Posted to users@flex.apache.org by npem <ph...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/18 10:18:06 UTC

Help using LinAlg Library for solving Simultaneous Equations

Hi everyone,
                   I have been looking at using a free library for solving a
set of Linear Simultaneous Equations for Finite Element Solutions

I have: [F] = [k] [x]

Where [F] and [x] are vectors
and [k] is a square matrix

I was thinking of using the *AS3LinAlg* the library, but it is not obvious
(At least to me:-) on how to present the data,
(As it seems to want 2 vectors)
 which will return a vector.

Anyone used this Library and could help with what I need to pass to it, for
example,
If I want to use Cholesky or LU?

Or of course any other suggestions for libraries to use?

Note: The library is at:
Solver Library <https://github.com/inspirit/AS3LinAlg>

TIA,

Phil.

Re: Help using LinAlg Library for solving Simultaneous Equations

Posted by Philip Medlam <ph...@gmail.com>.
I decided to modify some Gauss elimination code from AS2, which now seems to work

Thanks to those who had a look at this.

Phil.

Posted by Philip Medlam <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thx for looking at this,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Phil,

escribió:

> Hi everyone,
>                    I have been looking at using a free library for solving
> set of Linear Simultaneous Equations for Finite Element Solutions
>
> I have: [F] = [k] [x]
>
> Where [F] and [x] are vectors
> and [k] is a square matrix
>
> I was thinking of using the *AS3LinAlg* the library, but it is not obvious
> (At least to me:-) on how to present the data,
> (As it seems to want 2 vectors)
>  which will return a vector.
>
> Anyone used this Library and could help with what I need to pass to it, for
> example,
> If I want to use Cholesky or LU?
>
> Or of course any other suggestions for libraries to use?
>
> Note: The library is at:
> Solver Library <https://github.com/inspirit/AS3LinAlg>
>
> TIA,
>
> Phil.