Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Preston CRAWFORD <Pr...@state.or.us> on 2005/10/01 02:31:58 UTC

Struts action forms crossing sessions? Any idea why this ishappening?

We have a problem. We're working on an application and we have some
forms in session scope. The strange thing is if someone changes state on
their form, users on other computers on other browsers hitting the same
exact page see the state change that was made to the form on another
computer. I have no idea why this is happening. Problem with the JVM?
With struts? Something we're doing. Anyone ever seen this?

Preston

Re: Struts action forms crossing sessions? Any idea why this ishappening?

Posted by Tamas Szabo <sz...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/05, Preston CRAWFORD <Pr...@state.or.us> wrote:

> We have a problem. We're working on an application and we have some
> forms in session scope. The strange thing is if someone changes state on
> their form, users on other computers on other browsers hitting the same
> exact page see the state change that was made to the form on another
> computer. I have no idea why this is happening. Problem with the JVM?
> With struts? Something we're doing. Anyone ever seen this?

Are you sure that the JSPs are displayed only by using ActionForms.
This would happen for example if you use instance variables in your Actions
store some state.

Tamas

Re: Struts action forms crossing sessions? Any idea why this ishappening?

Posted by Andre Van Klaveren <ny...@gmail.com>.
If the ActionForms are truly in session scope then the shared state isn't in
the ActionForm. It's probably a problem with instance variables in your
Actions.

On 9/30/05, Preston CRAWFORD <Pr...@state.or.us> wrote:

> We have a problem. We're working on an application and we have some
> forms in session scope. The strange thing is if someone changes state on
> their form, users on other computers on other browsers hitting the same
> exact page see the state change that was made to the form on another
> computer. I have no idea why this is happening. Problem with the JVM?
> With struts? Something we're doing. Anyone ever seen this?
>
> Preston

Virtually,
Andre Van Klaveren
Architect III, SCP