Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by angeloNZ <an...@nz.fujitsu.com> on 2009/02/25 00:13:33 UTC

RSS feeds via http GET

Hi,

I was reading this
http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/discussion-forums.html#nabble-td5668498%7Ca5697050
RSS post  and was wondering if there is now a preferred approach to doing
so.

In my case, I have an external service providing RSS feeds which I want to
proxy within ServiceMix.  Clients only need to issue a GET request to get
the latest feeds.  What components can I use to accomplish this?

I've looked at the RSS-Binding example but in my case SM won't be polling
for feeds but will call the external feed service everytime a client request
comes in.  Also, how will I be exposing the client-facing consumer uri
similar to how the "locationUri" of sm-http consumers work?

Thanks in advance.

Re: RSS feeds via http GET

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

If you want to expose something over HTTP, you should start your route
with an HTTP consumer endpoint.  Our current HTTP consumer marshaler
is not geared towards handling HTTP GET requests, it kind of assumes a
POST of data.  You should be able to write your own Marshaler
implementation to handle the HTTP GET.

Another way to solve this would be by using a camel-jetty endpoint at
the beginning of your route.  You can still interact with the ESB by
adding jbi: endpoints in the Camel route.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com