Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Qarl <qa...@axel-logic.com> on 2020/04/07 09:00:23 UTC

Shutdown Broker Because Log Dirs Failed

Hi, my name is Qarl. I am a newbie in software development, and I am using Kafka in this software. I have been facing this issue for weeks now. I’m running Kafka on Windows platform. The issue is when I run the Kafka server, and the retention period has reached, it will clear the logs file but there is always problem, such as ‘The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.’  How do I solve this? I’m using Kafka in a way where if the Kafka server stops running, our software will face a serious issue.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10