Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Naveen kumar srikakolanu <na...@exensys.com> on 2006/08/22 07:35:16 UTC

HOw Can we search the database records using lucene.net

HI,
	How can we search the database records using Lucene.net

	Please send me some help files regarding this issues as soon as
possible. It is very urgent

Thanks in advance,

S. Naveen Kumar
Software Engineer
Exensys Software Solutions Ltd.
Phone: +91-40-23392440 / 1

Fax:  +91-40-23391105

Mobile: 9949519255

E-Mail: naveen.srikakolanu@exensys.com

Website: www.exensys.com

---------------------Legal Disclaimer---------------------------------

Confidential Information:   The information contained in this mail is
confidential and protected from general disclosure. If the recipient or the
reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or person responsible
to receive this e-mail, you are requested to delete this mail immediately
and do not disseminate or distribute or copy. If you have received this
e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
so that we can take appropriate action immediately and see to it that this
mistake is rectified. Any statement made in the mail is solely from the
organizational perspective. How ever, any statement made from the personal
perspective is not endorsed by the organization.

RE: HOw Can we search the database records using lucene.net

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Naveen,

Lucene.Net can't search your database directly.  You have to write code to
extract the data off your database and pass on the extracted data to
Lucene.Net for indexing.  Once Lucene.Net indexes your data, you can search
on it using Lucene.Net.

Look at the demo examples that comes with Lucene.Net.  There is a very
simple demo that indexes file on your hard-drive.  This is a good place for
you to get started on how Lucene.Net works.

Regards,

-- George