Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Gil Ganz <gi...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/12 12:49:36 UTC

hints for a node that was removed from cluster

Hey
What should happen to hints that were generated for a node that has been
removed from the cluster, before hints were sent? I'm seeing old hint files
that are not handled, they are not sent anywhere and not being deleted.
Version is 3.11.9
gil

Re: hints for a node that was removed from cluster

Posted by Gil Ganz <gi...@gmail.com>.
Looks like it's not happening, seen a couple of cases like this,  in all
cases the files belonged to nodes that died and had to be removed, and I
can see this behaviour on all the nodes in the relevant data center.
All these nodes had to be removed with force (not by choice..), I wonder if
that has anything to do with it, perhaps there is a stage in the end that
clears hints.

I can see by the file name, it contains the host id, and I have old
"nodetool status" output

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@datastax.com>.