Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "corpus.defero" <co...@idnet.com> on 2012/04/27 15:28:21 UTC

STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES

I'm seeing this rule: STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES
Catching on legitimate mail.

It's a meta rule and right enough it catches this line:

AND does NOT match either:

__HS_SUBJ_RE_FW Subject =~ /^(?i:re|fw):/
or
rawbody __HS_QUOTE /^>

SCORING.
 0.2 STOX_REPLY_TYPE        STOX_REPLY_TYPE
 1.9 STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES

As legitimate mail, it's picking up just over 2 points for this - and
I'm wondering what the sender is possibly doing wrong here?

Re: STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:12:02 +0100
corpus.defero wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 18:41 +0100, RW wrote:

> > I think the intention is to look for spam where the headers say
> > it's a reply, but it doesn't look like a reply. reply-type seems to
> > be made-up by Microsoft so the rule is looking for spoofed headers.
> >
> > The problem is that, from a quick search though this list,
> > reply-type doesn't seem to specific to replies.
> >

> It was a false positive for me too. I'm wondering if the sender used
> the 'reply to' button in error, cleared the content, and then put
> fresh content in?

The examples I saw started new threads, rather than hijack old ones, so
that doesn't seem to be neccessary.

Re: STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES

Posted by "corpus.defero" <co...@idnet.com>.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.