Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ivan E. Markovic" <iv...@sculptlight.com> on 2002/08/08 16:18:48 UTC

Sending E-Mail in Catalina

We are running Tomcat 4 and I heard from a colleague that it was
possible to send e-mails 'through' a Tomcat API rather than use the
Sun JavaMail API. Is this possible and if so where can I find
documentation? I have searched the jakarta.apache.org site with no
luck.

Thank you.

I v a n...
--
Ivan Markovic
SculptLight

114 Lower Churchtown Rd,
Dublin 14,
Ireland.

Re: Sending E-Mail in Catalina

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Ivan E. Markovic wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:18:48 +0100
> From: Ivan E. Markovic <iv...@sculptlight.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Sending E-Mail in Catalina
>
> We are running Tomcat 4 and I heard from a colleague that it was
> possible to send e-mails 'through' a Tomcat API rather than use the
> Sun JavaMail API. Is this possible and if so where can I find
> documentation? I have searched the jakarta.apache.org site with no
> luck.

Tomcat doesn't have any of it's own APIs for mail -- but it includes
JavaMail (which is used by the examples).  I can't see much point in
inventing yet another API to do the same thing.

> Thank you.
>
> I v a n...

Craig