Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Cohrs <co...@finestra.net> on 2001/01/30 19:49:56 UTC

xerces compatible with Tomcat 4?

I have begun development of a new web application, and since it's new, I've
been considering using tomcat 4 instead of tomcat 3.2.

However, I also have a requirement to use the xerces parser.

According to the tomcat-user archive, and a recent discussion, one cannot
use the xerces parser with tomcat 4 and JSP (cocoon and XSP are also not an
option) because tomcat 4 requires JAXP 1.1 support, while xerces is still at
1.0.

Is this still true?  If so, what are the plans to support JAXP 1.1 in
xerces?

dave