Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2019/11/21 00:00:28 UTC

DistributionArchUnitTest OutOfMemoryError

Any ideas why DistributionArchUnitTest would run OutOfMemoryError when
doing a "./gradlew build"?

I think we should move any unit tests that run OutOfMemoryError out of unit
tests (to integration tests maybe?).

> Task :geode:geode-core:test
Heap dump file created [957877145 bytes in 17.227 secs]

org.apache.geode.distributed.internal.DistributionArchUnitTest >
classMethod FAILED
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

6991 tests completed, 1 failed, 12 skipped

Re: DistributionArchUnitTest OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
LoggingDependenciesTest is also an archunit test in geode-core. I'm going
to move LoggingDependenciesTest to integrationTest -- testing the direction
of dependency between two geode modules seems to fit the definition of
"integration".

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Michael Oleske <mo...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.