Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com> on 2008/10/28 11:23:53 UTC

cannot install packages created with :file

Hi,

When a package is defined with :file (package(:file => ...)), it cannot
be installed (ActsAsArtifact is not mixed in). Is this intentional? (one
can still use self.id, self.group, self.version, self.type, maybe using
basename(file_name) as classifier). If so, what should I do to add
installation of this package?

Thanks,
Ittay

--
Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>

Re: cannot install packages created with :file

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a package is defined with :file (package(:file => ...)), it cannot be
> installed (ActsAsArtifact is not mixed in). Is this intentional? (one can
> still use self.id, self.group, self.version, self.type, maybe using
> basename(file_name) as classifier). If so, what should I do to add
> installation of this package?

package(:file) creates a file task, not an artifact task, so you don't
get any of the special magical powers of artifacts, for those time
when you like the convenience of package, but don't want to create an
artifact.

Assaf