Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by wh...@aol.com on 2010/08/18 22:46:05 UTC

setting up reverse proxy

The idea here is to get localhost/db/ to go where localhost:5984 goes is that correct?

Well I've tried using the wiki on reverse proxy and I'm totally failing. This code is specific to someone's computer.
I put it into my httpd.conf and it does not work.

I can't figure this out from the wiki. Can someone offer some suggestions.

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
   DocumentRoot "/opt/websites/web/www/dummy"
   ServerName couchdb.localhost
   AllowEncodedSlashes On
   ProxyRequests Off
   KeepAlive Off
   <Proxy *>
      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 127.0.0.1
   </Proxy>
   ProxyPass / http://localhost:5984/ nocanon
   ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5984/
   ErrorLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-error_log"
   CustomLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>

Re: setting up reverse proxy

Posted by Jon Brisbin <jo...@jbrisbin.com>.
There's no ServerAlias here, so the only hostname you can use for this configuration is "http://couchdb.localhost/db/"

That hostname doesn't look right to me, either, unless you've entered it in the hosts file that way. If you're only wanting different names to do virtual hosting, you can add as many hostnames as you need with an IP of "127.0.0.1".

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/