Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net> on 2007/06/21 11:39:45 UTC

Skiping module during mvn eclipse:eclipse

Hello.

I have a Multiple Module Projects (with top level POM and modules). One
of module has ear type (<packaging>ear</packaging>) and I don't want to
make eclipse project from it.

Is it possible to exclude this module from execution of
mvn eclipse:eclipse
in directory with top level POM?

Regards,
Marcin

Re: Skiping module during mvn eclipse:eclipse

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Dan,

Thanks for your continuous help. I think it is a subject for another
thread...

Regards,
Marcin

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Dan, thanks for response.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Hello.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Heinrich Nirschl wrote:

> Sometimes, you can work around this problem by running 'mvn install'
> before.
>
> - Henry

That's true. But I just want to provide functionality as simple as
possible to other people from my team, without explanation why they need
to run mvn install to make it work ;)

Thanks for your replay.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Dan Tran wrote:
> The patch for this enhancement has been applied.  The release of new
> eclipse
> plugin is coming very soon.
>
> -D

Great. Many thanks.

> On 6/21/07, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> please vote for this enhencement request
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-271

I would like to vote, but I'm afraid it is not possible. Jira says "You
cannot vote or change your vote on resolved issues" :-) Thank for your path.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <mw...@sulechow.net>.
Nick, thanks for your replay.

My problem is that 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' fail on ear module, because of
'[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact'. This missing artifact is other
module of my my multiple module project. It's weird, because 'mvn
package' works ok.

Meybe I rather need to concentrate why 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' fails on
ear module...

Regards, Marcin

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

> At the eclipse plugin site [1] I don't see such an option. But I don't
> understand the problem you have with generating the .classpath en
> .project files. Just don't import the project into Eclipse and all is
> well, or not?

Actually, if the project you'd like to skip had been a jar project, if
you tried not importing it, you'd get errors, since eclipse:eclipse
will generate project dependencies between modules, rather than
dependencies against the jars in the local maven repo.

But since this was modules with <packaging> other than jar, this
doesn't apply.

Re: Skiping module during mvn eclipse:eclipse

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.