Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by CoryS2151 <co...@hoveround.com> on 2020/03/16 20:31:53 UTC

Guacamole Disconnects when Right Clicking on Start Menu in windows 2016

Greetings,

I have experienced this behavior when connected to both a windows 2016
server running RDS, and a windows 10 client.

When connected to either machine via Guacamole, if you right-click on the
start menu button the session disconnects.  It will reconnect just fine, but
it will always crash after right-clicking on the start button.  I can
right-click in other parts of the desktop, as well as the icons on it
without crashing.

Thanks.

Re: Guacamole Disconnects when Right Clicking on Start Menu in windows 2016

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 2:04 PM Giorgio <gi...@quantiss.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Can this work with previous versions? if so which one so that I can give
> it a try meanwhile
> till the next release is out.

You would have to do one of two things:
1) Download the source for the current version and apply the fix from that
issue and recompile.
2) Check out the sources from the git repo that include the fix
(staging/1.2.0 branch should include this) and build from those.

-Nick

Re: Guacamole Disconnects when Right Clicking on Start Menu in windows 2016

Posted by Giorgio <gi...@quantiss.com>.
Greetings,

Can this work with previous versions? if so which one so that I can give it a try meanwhile
till the next release is out.

Thank you
Tedd

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by CoryS2151 <co...@hoveround.com>.
mjumper wrote
> This sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-950,
> which
> has been established to be a bug in older versions of FreeRDP 2.0.0.
>
> What specific Linux distribution and version are you using?
>
> Do you see the same issue if you use the "guacamole/guacd:1.1.0" Docker
> image instead?
>
> - Mike

Thanks for the help.. I got it figured out by that.  I am using docker, but
I was using linuxserver/ guacd:latest image with the
guacamole/guacamole:latest image.  I added a container to use
guacamole/guacd:latest it fixed the issue.

This software has been great to use, and has caused me to learn about docker
quite a bit.

In the future, how do i determine what version of a docker image is being
used?

-Cory

Re: Guacamole Disconnects when Right Clicking on Start Menu in windows 2016

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.