Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Orford, Ian" <Ia...@dresdnerkleinwort.com> on 2006/09/07 13:51:26 UTC

Problem with maven-aspectj-plugin version 4.0

I'm using Maven 1.1-beta-2. I recently had to upgrade the aspectj plugin to
version 4.0 because I was getting a compile error and needed to use aspectj
1.5.

I've got the standard post-goal hool in my maven.xml file...
    <postGoal name="java:compile">
        <attainGoal name="aspectj"/>
    </postGoal>

If I compile using "maven test" it works fine. However if I use "maven site"
it seems to get stuck in a loop. I've looked at the jelly for the plugin and
it seems to be recursively calling the java:compile goal in the
aspectj:test-compile goal. The piece of code is:
      <j:choose>
        <j:when test="${context.getVariable('maven.aspectj.dest') == null}">
          <j:set var="maven.aspectj.dest" value="${maven.build.dest}"/>
        </j:when>
        <j:otherwise>
		<ant:echo>imo:attaining java:compile goal</ant:echo>
          <attainGoal name="java:compile"/>
		<ant:echo>imo:finished java:compile goal</ant:echo>
          <ant:path id="build.dest" location="${maven.build.dest}"/>
          <maven:addPath id="maven.dependency.classpath"
refid="build.dest"/>
        </j:otherwise>
      </j:choose>

So, it's clear that when building "site", "maven.aspectj.dest" isnt setup. I
tried adding
	maven.aspectj.dest = ${maven.build.dest}
In my project.properties, but it didn't help.

The aspectj related properties I have set are:
	maven.aspectj.source=1.4
	maven.aspectj.lint=ignore
	maven.aspectj.maxmem=512m
	maven.aspectj.fork=true

I include output from "maven test" and "maven site" below.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,
Ian Orford

----
build:start:

java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\Dev\SVN\ewarningtools\EWT/target/classes
    [echo]

  NOTE: Targetting JVM 1.4, classes
  will not run on earlier JVMs

Running post goal: java:compile
aspectj:init:

aspectj:compile:

aspectj:test-compile:
    [echo] imo1
    [echo] imo:in first if

aspectj:

java:jar-resources:

test:prepare-filesystem:

test:test-resources:

test:compile:

test:test:
<deleted>
----

maven-jdepend-plugin:report:
java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\Dev\SVN\ewarningtools\EWT/target/classes
    [echo]

  NOTE: Targetting JVM 1.4, classes
  will not run on earlier JVMs

Running post goal: java:compile
aspectj:init:

aspectj:compile:

aspectj:test-compile:
    [echo] imo1
    [echo] imo:in first if

aspectj:

    [echo] Generating the Unit Tests...
junit-report:report:
java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\Dev\SVN\ewarningtools\EWT/target/classes
    [echo]

  NOTE: Targetting JVM 1.4, classes
  will not run on earlier JVMs

Running post goal: java:compile
aspectj:init:

aspectj:compile:

aspectj:test-compile:
    [echo] imo1
    [echo] imo:in first if
    [echo] imo:attaining java:compile goal
java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\Dev\SVN\ewarningtools\EWT/target/classes
    [echo]

  NOTE: Targetting JVM 1.4, classes
  will not run on earlier JVMs

<etc - deleted>

http://www.dresdnerkleinwort.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender.

Re: Problem with maven-aspectj-plugin version 4.0

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Shouldn't aspectj be called as a preGoal of java:compile? I would also
try to upgrade to Maven 1.1-beta-3, a lot has changed between beta-2 and
beta-3!

HTH,
-Lukas