Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bhuvi HN <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/28 10:40:47 UTC

Apache solr for multiple searches

Hi
I have been using Apache Solr for my Job Portal. I have been using the
Apache Solr successfully for searching the resumes based on  keywords. Now i
need to use the same for Job search.
Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
search like Job search and resume search.
Regards
Bhuvan

Re: Apache solr for multiple searches

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM, regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> wrote:

> Bhuvi HN wrote:
> >
> > Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
> > search like Job search and resume search.
> >

> Yes, you want to run a multicore (multiple index) setup - see:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Or you could combine them into the same index. That is usually the easier
solution.

See
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes#Flattening_Data_Into_a_Single_Index

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.