Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/09/27 08:45:27 UTC

Upgrade SIS requirement from JDK6 to JDK7: objections?

Hello all

As mentioned one week ago [1], a side effect of upgrading the "unit of
measurement" dependency from JSR-275 to JSR-363 would be to abandon the
Apache SIS JDK6 branch and upgrade the Java platform on trunk from JDK6
to JDK7. Is there any objection in doing that? If none, I would start
the upgrade at the end of this week.

    Martin

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/973fd803ce49c1e9bb5644ade0081b363162cdb7db53b68524667889@%3Cdev.sis.apache.org%3E

Re: Upgrade SIS requirement from JDK6 to JDK7: objections?

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Upgrade of trunk to JDK7 has been committed as of revision 1762629.
Doing that has been faster than I though.

Reference: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-332

    Martin

Re: Upgrade SIS requirement from JDK6 to JDK7: objections?

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Thanks Adam and Joe. I will start the upgrade in a few days then.

    Martin

Le 27/09/16 � 15:12, Joe White a �crit :

Posted by Joe White <wh...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely. +1 from me.

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
Go for it!!!