Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Debisankar jena <je...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/25 12:44:24 UTC

How to find server response time

Hi All,

In Jmeter,

Response time(A) = Connect time of 1st byte (B) + Server Processing time(C)
+ *Reverse network time of 1st byte (D)* + Reverse network time of last
byte ( E)

Latency in jmeter (F) = B+C+D. But Jmeter is not able to find the above
value D.  So we can’t exactly find the processing time in this way.

We can get blow items from using JMeter Listners

                   Connect time of 1st byte (B)

                   Response time(A)

             &   Latency in JMeter (F)

Is there any way to find server processing  or total reverse network
processing time (D+E).

Regards,

Debisankar

Re: How to find server response time

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 25.10.19 um 14:44 schrieb Debisankar jena:
> Hi All,
>
> In Jmeter,
>
> Response time(A) = Connect time of 1st byte (B) + Server Processing time(C)
> + *Reverse network time of 1st byte (D)* + Reverse network time of last
> byte ( E)
>
> Latency in jmeter (F) = B+C+D. But Jmeter is not able to find the above
> value D.  So we can’t exactly find the processing time in this way.
>

> We can get blow items from using JMeter Listners
>
>                    Connect time of 1st byte (B)
>
>                    Response time(A)
>
>              &   Latency in JMeter (F)
>
> Is there any way to find server processing  or total reverse network
> processing time (D+E).

JMeter has no way to measure the time a packet takes from server back
(or to the server), so no, we can't provide you with the server
processing time. To get that you will either have to guess, or ask the
server for those values.

Felix