Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brent Atkinson <ba...@usm.maine.edu> on 2009/11/30 17:28:25 UTC

LDAP Connection Leaks

Hi,

I'm extremely interested in better LDAP support in archiva. My major concern is the characteristics of
archiva's repository security, specifically with the LDAP connection count when downloading a large
number of artifacts. Due to the connection leaks described in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/REDBACK-185
it overwhelms my OpenLDAP server with 100s of active connections during a large build. Worse,
the connections are persistent, eventually monopolizing the service.

I've submitted a patch that I believe fixes the leaks. By patching my 1.2-M1 server I've been able to
run those large builds with no problems. Using Sun's LDAP connection pooling, those large builds
only ever allocate 1 connection per user concurrent user. I have ported the patch to redback 1.2.2.
Olivier fixed some of the leaks I found in M1, but there were some remaining in the ldap user
management code. Is there any chance that this could make it into a 1.2 bugfix release?

Brent Atkinson
batkinson@usm.maine.edu

Re: LDAP Connection Leaks

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.