Posted to user@flume.apache.org by terreyshih <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/20 23:33:27 UTC

flume agent / JVM crashes periodically

Hi,

I am having a lot of difficulty trying to debug an issue.  The flume server stops working after a few hours and the JVM shuts down.  The snippet of the message I got in the log starts with following:

20 Sep 2014 12:24:10,899 DEBUG [New I/O  worker #9] (org.hbase.async.RegionClient.decode:1349)  - ------------------<< LEAVING  DECODE <<------------------ time elapsed: 75us
20 Sep 2014 12:24:19,942 INFO  [agent-shutdown-hook] (org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor.stop:79)  - Stopping lifecycle supervisor 13
20 Sep 2014 12:24:19,943 INFO  [agent-shutdown-hook] (org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup.stop:149)  - Component type: CHANNEL, name: myChannelC stopped

From there it starts to shut down all the channels and eventually the JVM shuts down.

I am running the agent in debug mode and I can see my data coming in correctly for a couple of hours and the snippet shows, flume enters the “LEAVING DECODE” section of the flume debug engine.  I am writing the data to HBase sinks by using AsycnHBase.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me with this.  This is reproducible around every 2 hours.

When does the agent-shutdown-hook gets triggered ?

thanks