Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kelly <we...@boredomsoftware.com> on 2005/04/22 17:36:46 UTC

Using sendmail with JAMES

I am running Solaris 9 on an HP dual 2.8 processor box.  I am trying to
play with JAMES to get it up and running.  At the same time I run
sendmail on the box.  I need to have sendmail running at all times due
to websites hosted on the box use it for submitting messages.  I do not
need to have sendmail monitoring port 25 while it is running.  On the
JAMES site it does show how to stop sendmail from monitoring port 25.
The instructions there do not apply to my sendmail configuration.
Anyone else using sendmail with JAMES that can help me out?

Kelly

Re: Using sendmail with JAMES

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
> I am running Solaris 9 on an HP dual 2.8 processor box.  I am
> trying to play with JAMES to get it up and running.  At the
> same time I run sendmail on the box.  I need to have sendmail
> running at all times due to websites hosted on the box use it
> for submitting messages.  I do not need to have sendmail
> monitoring port 25 while it is running.  On the JAMES site it
> does show how to stop sendmail from monitoring port 25.
> The instructions there do not apply to my sendmail configuration.
> Anyone else using sendmail with JAMES that can help me out?

If you don't need to bind the SMTP port then simply don't start sendmail.
Remove it from your /etc/rc.d or /etc/init.d folder and you are done.

Stefano