Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Charles Ballance <ba...@webforged.com> on 2001/03/05 23:46:06 UTC

Any Interest in a JNDI based tagging

All,
	A few years ago, I developed a template based approach to dealing with
html, etc.
It was written before JSP existed, and i have only in the past week been
looking at JSP
(only cause i'm porting from jsdk1.0.1 to tomcat).  You can see my
servlet based examples
at http://www.webforged.net.  The approach was to build a memory based
jndi naming context
and map objects residing at nodes in the context into a template via a
custom tag.
Today I re-implemented some basic functionality as a taglib.
I'd like to see if anyone was interested in the concept and if they
would be willing to look at
it/discuss features, etc.
I will send a zip of it to whomever's interested.  I want to release it
under Apache licensing.
What I hope to accomplish is to minimize the taglibs necessary for a GUI
designer to use and make
a consistent way for tool devs to set up the info necessary to render a
page.(build a namespace).

chas

Re: Any Interest in a JNDI based tagging

Posted by Dan Mandell <dm...@stanford.edu>.
Hi Chas,

I'm working right now on investigating tool support for creating JSPs with
custom tags. Your templating mechanism sounds interesting. Can you send me
the zip?

Dan Mandell
Sun Microsystems