Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org> on 2008/10/14 15:56:41 UTC

ExporterActionListener to commons

Hello Team,

I had previous old discussions with Volker about the future of the
ExporterActionListener.

And we agreed on moving this component to the MyFaces commons project.

But after a discussion with Leonardo I know that commons does not include
any components module?

Now the two possible ways are:

1. Promoting the component to Tomahawk.
2. Making a new components module in commons and promote the component to
it.

I need your suggestions regarding that!

Thanks all!

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/

Re: ExporterActionListener to commons

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
i'm not in favour or against it, because i haven't thought about it so far.
i just mentioned that we need a vote (since there were no arguments against
it).

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
+1

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
I totally agree with Grant!

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
any more ideas?

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Sure:)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1362

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
one could create one...

<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont think exportActionListener can work with Facelets because I haven't
> seen any Facelets custom tag for it.
>
> So I am -1 about the promotion.
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> +1 on what volker said.
>>
>> Which is adding *helpers* like actionListener tags, or no-UI stuff
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > +1 for those myfaces-commons-components
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> >    Volker

>> > --
>> > inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
>> > Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg
>> > Tel.: +49 441 4082 356 |
>> > FAX:  +49 441 4082 355 | www.inexso.de
>> >

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf