Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/13 10:36:17 UTC

[Axis2 neethi] WS-PolicyAttachment

Hi All,

I would like to know whether Neethi implements the WS-PolicyAttachment
specification - is it possible to retrieve and interpret policies
defined in WSDL files ? Moreover, is it possible to associate policies
to deployed web services, again using neethi? As far as i understand,
neethi is not a "real" module in Axis2 terms , but a library
implementing WS-Policy (and , I hope -  WS-PolicyAttachment). Thanks
very much.

Best Regards,
Angel

Re: SOAP Monitor

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
You can't use soapmonitor just on the client side, but you can use tcpmon.

HTH,
Robert

[AXIS2] PocketSOAP

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch>.
We are running axis2-1.1, any our userguide/examples run fine. we have engaged modules addressing, logging, and soapmonitor on both, client and webservice side. We have to migrate the Java SOAPClient (as is) to a Microsoft Visual Basic environemnet.

Is this possible?

For that we intend to use PocketSOAP.

are there any other supportive toolkits we can use in a windows 2000, VB6, VC6, non-Java environment to do it.

I have setup PocketSOAP and thouse examples run fine. We got the getQuote sservice example running, enhanced to call out through our own proxy server inclusing server-name, port, user-calling-out, and password to this real world-remote web-service. (EAI)

The userguide/example service and SOAPclient was enhanced to engage modules and then use scope=soapsession. Also it results in a OMElement sent between client and server for request and response.

Is there an easy way to populate and parse an OMElement using VB6 or VC6 in a windows 2000 environemnt. What toolkit shall we use?

Regarding PocketSOPA,

a) To what degree does PocketSOAP allow me to send XML as shown below?
	The XML shown below is a serialized OMElement as returned from MyService5

b) can I add programmatically using PocketSOAP attributes to setup my soapenv:Envelope correctly such as shown below?

c) I can add headers using PocketSOPA.
	But I have no experience as to what degree potential headers as supported within AXIS2 and related components/modules are supported by PocketSOAP

d) we are running Windows 2000, VB6.0 and VC 6.0
	what are your suggestions as to what minimum version of Windows we should upgrade to get good support for webservices?
	how would a smart migration from a userguid/example/SOAPClient written in Java to a SOAPClient written in Visual Basic 6.0 or
	Visual C++ 6.0 look like OR do we have to use SW from Microsoft such as ASP.NET to acomplish this task

	Windows 2000 is set for the moment! company descision! but sometimes rocks get rolling!

Thanx for any advise
Josef.Stadelmann
@winterthur.ch

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <soapenv:Header>
  <wsa:To>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:To>
- <wsa:ReplyTo>
  <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address>
- <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
  <axis2:ServiceGroupId xmlns:axis2="http://ws.apache.org/namespaces/axis2">urn:uuid:AEDE11BE4497D9478F117316759348254</axis2:ServiceGroupId>
  </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
  </wsa:ReplyTo>
  <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:AEDE11BE4497D9478F117316759399760</wsa:MessageID>
  <wsa:Action>urn:echo</wsa:Action>
  <wsa:RelatesTo wsa:RelationshipType="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/reply">urn:uuid:C1D5F6754451BC782111731675939823</wsa:RelatesTo>
  </soapenv:Header>
- <soapenv:Body>
- <ws:root xmlns:tns="http://example5.userguide" xmlns:ws="workspace" xmlns:f="feld">
  Tue Mar 06 08:53:13 CET 2007
- <ws:in>
  <f:yuck0>blah0</f:yuck0>
  <f:yuck1>blah1</f:yuck1>
  <f:yuck2>blah2</f:yuck2>
  <f:yuck3>blah3</f:yuck3>
  </ws:in>
- <ws:old>
  <f:yuck4>blah4</f:yuck4>
  <f:yuck5>blah5</f:yuck5>
  <f:yuck6>blah6</f:yuck6>
  <f:yuck7>blah7</f:yuck7>
  </ws:old>
- <ws:out>
  <f:SessionID>067598D3F62E724EB23CA6333271315C</f:SessionID>
  <f:createDate>Tue Mar 06 08:53:13 CET 2007</f:createDate>
  <f:accessDate>Tue Mar 06 08:53:13 CET 2007</f:accessDate>
  <f:SessionContext>org.apache.axis2.context.SessionContext@e3ffdf</f:SessionContext>
  <f:sessionSerialized>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade@b3a5a0</f:sessionSerialized>
  <f:yuck8>blah8</f:yuck8>
  <f:yuck9>blah9</f:yuck9>
  <f:yuck10>blah10</f:yuck10>
  <f:yuck11>blah11</f:yuck11>
  </ws:out>
  </ws:root>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

Re: .NET passwords

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Normally we send UsernameTokens with plain text passwords using HTTPS

Thanks,
Ruchith

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

RE: .NET passwords

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

Re: .NET passwords

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org

.NET passwords

Re: SOAP Monitor

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/ or http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/

SOAP Monitor

Re: [Axis2 neethi] WS-PolicyAttachment

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Example Scenario that already works: Rampart module fully understands
any WS-SecurityPolicy specified in the wsdl/services.xml. Please see
below.

Sanka,
Please chime in if i mis-stated something.

thanks,
dims

On 3/13/07, Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to know whether Neethi implements the WS-PolicyAttachment
> specification

Yes.

 is it possible to retrieve and interpret policies
> defined in WSDL files

Yes.