Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2016/12/19 18:08:32 UTC

3.10 release status: blocked on dtest

- All of the unit test variations passed 100% on commit 01cb787.
- CASSANDRA-13056 set as blocker for 3.10 release, if we're pushing for
100% dtest passing. This test is also failing in 3.X and trunk.
- A couple other dtest tests appear to flake on multiple runs on the
cassandra-3.11 branch. Another set of re-runs triggered.

http://cassci.datastax.com/view/cassandra-3.11/

If we're shooting for 100% tests passing before allowing a release to go
up for vote, let's attack the test-failure label in JIRA!:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CASSANDRA%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20test-failure%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: 3.10 release status: blocked on dtest

Posted by Ariel Weisberg <ar...@weisberg.ws>.
Hi,

When we say all tests passing it does seem like we are including the
upgrade tests, but there are some failures that don't seem to have
tickets blocking the release. It seems like we are also excluding any
tests decorated as resource intensive? There is also large_dtest,
novnode_dtest, and offheap_dtest which all have a few failing tests. I
think we should consider those as blockers as well.

The upgrade tests have this chicken and egg issue where they test the
previous current release against the in development release and if there
is a bug preventing upgrade you end up with a lot of failing tests that
continue to fail even after the bug is fixed.

There is a also a real bug fixed by
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/commit/c612cd8d7dbd24888c216ad53f974686b88dd601
that near as I can tell isn't included in 3.10. It will continue to fail
until we release a version that addresses the issue. It kind of makes
you think that if the current version fails, but  the in development
version passes we want a quick way of filtering out the failure.

I also found an issue with max version in the since decorator that
causes some of the upgrade tests to fail. I gave the fix for that to
Philip.

I haven't managed to get the upgrade tests passing after addressing the
above two issues, but it's always hard to tell what is my environment
and what is the tests.

Ariel

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by Oleksandr Petrov <ol...@gmail.com>.

--
Alex Petrov

Re: 3.10 release status: blocked on dtest

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
(CASSANDRA-13056 test fix was committed and jobs re-run.)