Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/15 13:44:29 UTC

Doubt on AXIS Handlers

Hi,

What exactly is a transport handler in AXIS and can anyone please give
one real world example of when shall we go for implementing our own
transport handlers in AXIS ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Re: Doubt on AXIS Handlers

Posted by av...@allesta.com.
Hi Kumar,

Other than the HTTP Transport, Axis also provides a JMS Transport and a Mail
Transport.

See the following packages for details:

org.apache.axis.transport.mail
org.apache.axis.transport.jms

So instead of communicating SOAP over HTTP, you would communicate SOAP over JMS
or SMTP/POP3.

Al

|wsabi4axis: http://demo.wsabi.org|