Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Narloch <Pe...@lawson.com> on 2005/12/02 23:55:25 UTC

First Project setup .. problem with POL for log4:log4j

Trying to set up my first project and get the following error message. Am
I missing a pre-req or something?  Any insight appreciated.

Thanks...

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/velocity/velocity-dep/1.4/velocity-dep-1.4.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/log4j/log4j/1.2.8/log4j-1.2.8.pom
145b downloaded
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: log4j:log4j

Reason: Error getting POM for 'log4j:log4j' from the repository: Error
transferring file
  log4j:log4j:1.2.8:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to get
dependency information: Unable to read the metada
a file for artifact 'log4j:log4j:jar': Error getting POM for 'log4j:log4j'
from the repository: Error transferring file
  log4j:log4j:1.2.8:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

  log4j:log4j:1.2.8:jar

from the specified remote repositories:

Re: First Project setup .. problem with POL for log4:log4j

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
What does the POM dependency block look like?