Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Baumecker, Klaus" <kl...@hp.com> on 2006/07/12 18:42:12 UTC

Using Mule inside ServiceMix - HELP!

Following the examples at http://mule.codehaus.org/Mule+JBI+Examples, I
tried to use Mule components
inside serviceMix.
In a naive approach I took the example XML and started servicemix with
it, similar to a servicemix.xml.
This failed due to a different syntax.
Based on the servicemix.xml schema I changed it to the servicemix.xml at
the end of this message.
Now servicemix starts and reports the activation of the filePoller.
However the poller does not poll.
>From debugging I detected, that now work was initiated and the polling
process never started.

Now I wonder, what's wrong:
- Is this the right way to do it anyway? (changing the syntax and
calling serviceMix with the file below?)
- Do the versions of serviceMix and Mule match?
	serviceMix:
apache-servicemix-3.0-incubating-20060620.224738-1-src.zip
	Mule: 		mule-1.3-rc4

Can someone give advice on how to combine ServiceMix with the Mule
components/transports?

Regards,
klaus.

servicemix.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0"
	     xmlns:foo="http://servicemix.org/demo/">

	<!-- the JBI container -->
	<sm:container id="jbi" useMBeanServer="true"
		createMBeanServer="true" dumpStats="true"
statsInterval="10">

	  <sm:activationSpecs>

              <!-- Mule Dispatcher that Writes files to the outbox
directory -->
              <sm:activationSpec componentName="fileSender"
service="foo:fileSender">
                <sm:component>
                    <bean
class="org.mule.providers.jbi.components.MuleDispatcher">
                        <property name="endpoint"
value="file://./outbox?outputPattern=$[ORIGINALNAME]"/>
                    </bean>
                </sm:component>
 	     </sm:activationSpec>

              <!-- Mule Reciever that looks for files in the inbox
directory. The Mule way -->
              <sm:activationSpec componentName="filePoller"
service="foo:filePoller" destinationService="foo:fileSender">
                <sm:component>
                    <bean
class="org.mule.providers.jbi.components.MuleReceiver">
                        <property name="workManager" ref="workManager"/>
                        <property name="endpoint"
value="file://./inbox?pollingFrequency=1000"/>
                        <property name="targetServiceName"
value="foo:fileSender"/>
                    </bean>
                </sm:component>
	    </sm:activationSpec>

	  <sm:activationSpecs>

         </sm:container>

	<!-- the work manager (thread pool) for this container -->
	<bean id="workManager"
		class="org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean">
		<property name="threadPoolSize" value="30" />
	</bean>

</beans>