Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> on 2010/11/01 14:15:35 UTC

apxs2-prefork

On the SuSE apache2 installation, I saw, that:
- there are 3 folders for apache modules:
1) /usr/lib/apache2
2) /usr/lib/apache2-prefork
3) /usr/lib/apache2-worker

Most standard modules are present in 1) but have a link from 2) to them.
I thought, rivet should be in 2), because it only supports prefork.

This is acheved, if one uses
	apxs2-prefork
instead of:
	apxs2
on configuration time of rivet:
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork

At least, I have done this in the SuSE rpm and it works well for me.
Is this correct/stupid/whatever ?
---
About the file "README": there is still written, that installation info
is in a file named "INSTALL". Maybee, this reference should be replaced
by "html/installation.html" ?

Thank you,
Harald

Re: apxs2-prefork

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Am 01.11.2010 16:58, schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 14:15:35 +0100, Harald Oehlmann wrote
>> 	apxs2-prefork
> In debian apxs is named simply apxs2 and belongs to the apache2-prefork-dev
> package, so the knowledge of the details for a prefork installation are in the
> build of the tools in this package. You switch to another apache2-*-dev
> package and you have a the tools tuned on a different mpm.
>
> I don't know how RH approached the problem.

Thank you for the answer.

At least on CentOS and RedHat 5 it builds and there is a apxs2-prefork
present. Thus it works as with SuSE.

--
Thank you also looking at "&lt;<". At least for me, this was very
miss-leading.

Harald

Re: apxs2-prefork

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 14:15:35 +0100, Harald Oehlmann wrote
> On the SuSE apache2 installation, I saw, that:
> - there are 3 folders for apache modules:
> 1) /usr/lib/apache2
> 2) /usr/lib/apache2-prefork
> 3) /usr/lib/apache2-worker
>
> Most standard modules are present in 1) but have a link from 2) to
> them. I thought, rivet should be in 2), because it only supports prefork.
>
> This is acheved, if one uses
> 	apxs2-prefork
> instead of:
> 	apxs2
> on configuration time of rivet:
> --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork

I think this is the right way to configure your installation.

> At least, I have done this in the SuSE rpm and it works well for me.
> Is this correct/stupid/whatever ?

In debian apxs is named simply apxs2 and belongs to the apache2-prefork-dev
package, so the knowledge of the details for a prefork installation are in the
build of the tools in this package. You switch to another apache2-*-dev
package and you have a the tools tuned on a different mpm.

I don't know how RH approached the problem.

-- Massimo