Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Abhishake Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 13:47:20 UTC

How to receive partial purchase order

Hi,

I have scenario  where drop shipper ships only part of the purchase order
items for example, if client ordered five items and only three items
have been received. Now,  I want to receive the partial purchase order and
create the invoice for the received items and want to keep the remaining
items as back order.

on the purchase order screen there is a way to complete thedrop shippment
using complete drop shippment button. however I am not able to find a way
to  receive partially drop ship order and generate the purchase order.

If I use  "New Drop Shipment For Ship Group" button there is no way to
specify patial order items or quantities.

Please help me on this.

Regards,
Abhishake

Re: How to receive partial purchase order

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the flow I use is the order controls the invoicing and PO's
so i go back to the order and mark items backordered.
this then generates the email to the client if they want to cancel or
wait for the item.
Once their response is received those Items are either canceled or
placed on back order with the Dropshipper.
Each Dropshipper is different so how this is done is custom to the
Dropshipper. this can be just letting the current order stand marking
the items backordered. This will change the PO to split shipment and
only those item shipped will be marked when you as recieved them.
This also creates a reminder to check with the dropshipper on back order
items based on their estimated delivery date.

Abhishake Agarwal sent the following on 4/14/2009 4:47 AM: