Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by manoj laghuvaram <ma...@3i-infotech.com> on 2007/05/21 10:45:07 UTC

How to maintain sessions in a test plan?

Hi

How can I maintain sessions in a test plan, though am using a cookie
manager, seems it is not working fine!!!

Here is my scenario
I want to check the performance of a .net application for x number of users
while logging in

I provided all these in a HTTP sampler
IP 10.1.101.245( ip of server machine from where am accessing the
application)
Path /I-Pariksha/adminhome.aspx( the page to be shown with the given
parameters)
Parameters( username and password)
Method post

My testplan structure is like this
Testplan
	|->Thread group
		|->http Cookie manager (nothing included in it specially, it
is just added with cookie policy as compatibility thats it)
			|->http sampler
				|-> listener

And when executed it is showing the custom error page

---
This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that 3i Infotech or its subsidiaries and  associated companies, (collectively "3i Infotech"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of 3i Infotech. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

Re: How to maintain sessions in a test plan?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/05/07, manoj laghuvaram <ma...@3i-infotech.com> wrote:
> Now My testplan is simple like this sebb
> +Test plan
> ++thread group
> ++Sampler
> ++Listener
>
> even if cookie manager is added then also it is not working
> +Test plan
> ++thread group
> ++cookie manager
> ++Sampler
> ++Listener
>
> Am trying to use Http url redirect, but am not knowing what to enter in the
> Session argument name filed!

With only one sampler, it's not possible to use cookies or URL
redirection, as these both rely on the response to the previous
sampler.

> I tried with username field I entered in http sampler page but no use!
> I even tried to enter session ID  which I took by cookie manager even then
> no use
> What should I actually enter there?

No idea - that depends on the web application.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.