Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Hofacker, Martin" <Ma...@softwareag.com> on 2006/08/28 10:07:42 UTC

alignment of flexilbe text length

Hi,

i´m using fop version 0.20.1
I´ve a table with some rows which have 2 cells. The right cells contains text which is flexible regarding the the length of the text.
The longest text of all rows (right cell) should be aligned to the right border. The text of all other rows (right cell) should be aligned to the left of the longest text.

Xrow1-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell longest text aligned to the right borderX
Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X

where Y is the border between left and right cell and X is the border of the table.
If necessary it is no problem to change the structure of the table, may be to implement a further table within a block or so...

Has anyone any idea how to implement this layout?

Regards,
Martin

Re: alignment of flexilbe text length

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I guess you're looking for the auto-table layout feature which might
just do what you need. It is currently being worked on but you'll have
to upgrade from your ancient FOP version when it's available.

Other things you can do is guess at the width of the text based on the
number of characters and adjust the column widths in your stylesheet. If
you're adventurous you could even look into the mailing list archives
for ideas on how to determine the exact width of the text. But let me
put the emphasis on "adventurous".

On 28.08.2006 10:07:42 Hofacker, Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i´m using fop version 0.20.1
> I´ve a table with some rows which have 2 cells. The right cells contains text which is flexible regarding the the length of the text.
> The longest text of all rows (right cell) should be aligned to the right border. The text of all other rows (right cell) should be aligned to the left of the longest text.
>
> Xrow1-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
> Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
> Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell longest text aligned to the right borderX
> Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
> Xrow2-leftcell Y		row1-rightcell short text					 X
>
> where Y is the border between left and right cell and X is the border of the table.
> If necessary it is no problem to change the structure of the table, may be to implement a further table within a block or so...
>
> Has anyone any idea how to implement this layout?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Jeremias Maerki