Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Alex Kamil <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/18 00:21:58 UTC

Fwd: Phoenix exception with CDH 5.4.4

cross-posting here

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex <al...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Subject: Phoenix exception with CDH 5.4.4
To: cdh-user@cloudera.org

Getting below exception with phoenix 4.3.0 from cloudera labs
<https://repository.cloudera.com/cloudera/cloudera-repos/org/apache/phoenix/phoenix-core/4.3.0-clabs-phoenix-1.0.0/>
and cdh5.4.4,
(followed the steps in:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/03/phoenix-in-15-minutes-or-less/ )

org/apache/htrace/SpanReceiver
at org.apache.phoenix.trace.util.Tracing$Frequency.<clinit>(Tracing.java:71)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesOptions.<clinit>(QueryServicesOptions.java:154)
at
org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesImpl.<init>(QueryServicesImpl.java:36)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:112)
 at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:145)
at
org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.connect(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:126)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:133)

any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

--

---

Re: Phoenix exception with CDH 5.4.4

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
HBase in CDH 5.4.x has switched to the Apache incubator namespace of the
HTrace library. Phoenix driver appears to still use the older one, which
may be absent in the pulled dependencies via the "hbase-client" dependency.

Including an explicit entry in your build
for org.htrace:htrace-core:jar:3.0.4 should resolve your issue. This should
be fixed in a future release of Phoenix labs, when the dependency switches
to the newer library.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
So how have you installed it? Using the packages? Or the parcels?

In CDH 5.4.4, HBase version is 1.0 but with some 1.1 features backported.
Therefore, some method signatures change and the Apache versions of Phoenix
do not work with it. You really need to take the version sur the labs.

Posted by Alex Kamil <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.