Posted to users@solr.apache.org by dmitri maziuk <dm...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/24 22:31:34 UTC

SOLVED(-ish) Re: SolrCore is loading

OK so this has to do with trying to run solr service as windows domain
user. It works w/o problems (fingers crossed) when run as "LocalSystem"
account, runs into this core reloading loop when run as a domain users,
and giving the domain user "full control" on solr directory tree does
not fix that.

It's a good thing we're changing providers and will soon be able to
ditch windows for at least solr. We hope.

Dima

Re: SOLVED(-ish) Re: SolrCore is loading

Posted by Rahul Goswami <ra...@gmail.com>.
That’s kind of strange that the EOFException doesn’t occur with the change
to LocalSystem. But glad it works anyway.
For what it’s worth, we run Solr on Windows as a service under the Network
Service account which is less privileged than LocalSystem.

Rahul