Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Timothy Power <ti...@bigfoot.com> on 2001/02/12 06:28:11 UTC

aliasing, Win 2000 problems

Hi, is it possible to do aliasing like you can in sendmail?  I had a problem doing a firstname.lastname@mydomain.com instead of something like username@mydomain.com.  James would create another directory (firstname/lastname) on Win 2000 in its mail store.  To get around this, should one use a RDBMS as the store?

Also, I had a problem that I could not explain on Win 2000.  I was happily using James on my Darwin machine, and installed it on 2000 since it is very difficult to get a decent free mailserver on MS platform.  It seemed to work okay initially, but then after a little use it decided to take 100% of server CPU.  We were using jdk 1.3.   Perhaps it should have been recompiled under 1.3?

Tim