Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Subrata1208 <sa...@GMAIL.COM> on 2008/05/12 10:35:18 UTC

Consumer not able to consumer when no message are 1048576 by 10 queues

Hi ,
 I am doing some performance testing for our project requirement.

 we will have number of producer producing the message of various
sizes(1kb,10kb,16kb,512kn or even 1 mb).

 Now when the consumer is not running we will persist those data's in mysql
data base which is configured with activemq.
and those data's will be stored in several queues (5,10 etc).

Now when there is a very large number of messages lying in the database, i
started my consumer to consume all those
messages.It happens very quickly if the message size is very small (say the
message is "hi activemq test") but when the message size is 1 kb it is
taking 1-15 hr to register with listener and not able to consume message.

Re: Consumer not able to consumer when no message are 1048576 by 10 queues

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
What version? I'd suggest you test against ActiveMQ 5.1.0 using the
default persitence configuration.  It's the fastest option available.

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Subrata1208 <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>  I am doing some performance testing for our project requirement.
>
>  we will have number of producer producing the message of various
> sizes(1kb,10kb,16kb,512kn or even 1 mb).
>
>  Now when the consumer is not running we will persist those data's in mysql
> data base which is configured with activemq.
> and those data's will be stored in several queues (5,10 etc).
>
> Now when there is a very large number of messages lying in the database, i
> started my consumer to consume all those
> messages.It happens very quickly if the message size is very small (say the
> message is "hi activemq test") but when the message size is 1 kb it is
> taking 1-15 hr to register with listener and not able to consume message.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com