Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Muhammad Haseeb Javed <11...@seecs.edu.pk> on 2015/08/26 16:56:00 UTC

Building spark-examples takes too much time using Maven

I checked out the master branch and started playing around with the
examples. I want to build a jar  of the examples as I wish run them using
the modified spark jar that I have. However, packaging spark-examples takes
too much time as maven tries to download the jar dependencies rather than
use the jar that are already present int the system as I extended and
packaged spark itself locally?

Re: Building spark-examples takes too much time using Maven

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide a bit more information ?

Are Spark artifacts packaged by you have the same names / paths (in maven
repo) as the ones published by Apache Spark ?

Is Zinc running on the machine where you performed the build ?

Cheers