Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Kevin Kruzich <kk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/30 21:21:38 UTC

traffic server usage / stats (clarification)

I'm resending with clarifications: Trying to calculate bandwidth usage from
ATS (GET requests to internet clients). The counters
proxy.process.net.read_bytes and proxy.process.net.write_bytes appear to be
the correct choice but 1) what is difference between net.read, net.write
and 2) Assuming this count is since start of proc, how might I slice up the
data to increments such as day/week/month?

Thank you,
--kkruzich

Posted by Kevin Kruzich <kk...@gmail.com>.
Thank you James. I took notice of
proxy.node.http.user_agent_total_request_bytes
and the others you noted but my /stat/ page is showing them as 0. I suppose
I turned to, and continue to be focused on, proxy.process.net.read_bytes
(and net.write) because they have a significant count --a number I would
more likely believe is a count of bytes served.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.