Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jer Kah <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/20 14:21:53 UTC

bookmarks

I have an application that is currently implemented with JSP's.  One
of the pages has a URL of http:/blahblah.com/viewItem?itemNum=123.
The users of this system like the fact that they can make a bookmark
to item 123.  Can this be done in Tapestry?  If so, is it fairly easy
to implement?

Re: bookmarks

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 20, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Cyril Godefroy wrote:
> It can be done fairly easily.
> The "External" service is a wonderful piece of simplification which,
> combined with the power of components reusability, makes Tapestry one
> of the most wonderful web application frameworks (WO is fine too ;-)
> Check
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/api/org/apache/tapestry/link/
> ExternalLink.html to learn more about it's use,
> and don't forget (like I did recently) that parameters can be as well
> sp=123 as itemNum=123.
>
> Erik Hatcher will probably mention that using the rewrite servlet
> filter, you might even be able to keep the same bookmarks :-)

You beat me to it!

This is a URL that goes directly to an IExternalPage (through a custom
filter to morph the URL underneath):

	http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=tapestry

Through the same filter, is effectively a PageLink (no external page
parameters passed):

	http://www.lucenebook.com/toc#8.7.1

There are a number of other tricks that you could use to keep the same
URL scheme that you have with your JSP's.  Isn't it nice that you have
clean URL's already, and its not /viewProduct.jsp?itemNum=123?  :))

	Erik

Re: bookmarks

Posted by Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr>.
It can be done fairly easily.