Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Kulkarni, Gopalkrishna" <go...@sap.com> on 2017/09/22 06:25:43 UTC

Questions on xerces 2.11-beta and XSD Schema 1.1 validation

Dear Experts,

From SAP Labs India we are trying to evaluate the XML payload against the XSD using the XML Schema 1.1.. We found that Apache Xerces claims to support the XML Schema 1.1 validation partially (experimental)
We have following questions!

I.                     We found that XSD validation with XML Schema 1.1 is only possible with 2.11-beta version. We failed to get it working with 2.11 and 2.10 released version. We tried both by directly jar download<http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi> and via apache service m<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xerces>ix OSGi (we use OSGi)

We found one class missing in 2.11 release vs 2.11-beta (check the attached screen shot)

II.                   Why is the implementation delivered is termed experimental?. What are the key deficiencies

III.                 Our use case is to only use the 'Assertions" do you have any non-functional gaps in this support for example performance can be improved or deprecated API usage etc.?

IV.                When is the planned release of 2.11-beta?

Regards,

Gopal
Team Architect for  SAP Cloud platform Integration
SAP Labs,
#138 EP, Whitefield
Bangalore - 560066
(India)