Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by vickatvuuch <vl...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/11 03:44:11 UTC

CXF on Weblogic 10 cluster

Was anybody able to get CXF up and running on the cluster setup?
I tried the suggested work around for
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.jws.WebService.portName()Ljava/lang/String;

and put geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1.jar
and wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar in the /jre/endorsed directory, which worked
fine under a stand-alone server, but under a cluster it happily ignored
/jre/endorsed and blew up in all its glory.

I also tried to change application xml by adding this, but then it failed to
parse its own xml:

<prefer-application-packages>
		<package-name>javax.jws.*</package-name>
</prefer-application-packages>

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

PS
Long live JBoss - no problems there at all; my ear with CXF in it runs
without any hacks.

Thanks,
-Vitaly

RE: CXF on Weblogic 10 cluster

Posted by Cristian Botiza <Cr...@endava.com>.
What you may try is to have the server (Weblogic) load its own version of the JWS API. The JAR you're referring to is from the CXF bundle just in case the API is not available. Any serious application server should have that bundled already.
Not sure how you would do this in WebLogic, but I'm thinking of something similar to Geronimo's geronimo-web.xml descriptor, saying you depend on the respectiv API (which should be a pre-deployed JAR file). Pretty sure WebLogic has a similar custom descriptor. Good luck.

Posted by vickatvuuch <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com>.