Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 18:04:45 UTC

Documenting Validator Resource Keys

I'm always running into problems trying to determine resource keys for
validators, in particular with EmailAddressValidator returning
"EmailAddressPatternValidator" as its resource key.

Is there any objection to making the validator resorce keys constants in the
respective validator classes so JavaDoc can document them?  I'd be content
with something like:

private static final String RESOURCE_KEY = "EmailAddressValidator";

but AlMaw also mentioned using Classes.simpleName(...).

-Nick

Re: Documenting Validator Resource Keys

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> private static final String RESOURCE_KEY = "EmailAddressValidator";
>
> but AlMaw also mentioned using Classes.simpleName(...).

That sounds like a better idea to me.

Eelco