Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2013/02/17 10:11:09 UTC

Hive over HBase Integration Issue

Hi all,

In Hive over HBase case, how to configure and  get Hive as HBase client to reference hbase-site.xml (for example the one in /etc/hbase/conf)?

In this case it's necessary to do that since there're some specific and important client configurations for all HBase clients including Hive, and such

configuration shouldn't be replicated/copied into hive-site.xml right.

Thanks for your info.

Regards,

Kai

RE: Hive over HBase Integration Issue

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Harsh J,

Thanks for your replying.
It looks good to me to place the client-sided hbase-site.xml in the same directory as hive-site.xml.
I already tried this approach before but didn't work. I will investigate this way wondering if there're some gaps here or possibly
It was just caused due to my environment (like Hive or Hbase version).

Regards,
Kai

You could replicate the configs or place the client-sided hbase-site.xml in the same directory as hive-site.xml for it to get picked up via the classpath by HBase centric classes.

--
Harsh J

RE: Hive over HBase Integration Issue

--