Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Berger <bo...@bberger.net> on 2001/06/20 21:04:39 UTC

NT Service won't start

I edited wrapper.properties and ran jk_nt_service.

When I do "net start Tomcat", it says

The Toncat service is starting.
The Tomcat service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

There is nothing in the log files.

What can I do to get this working?

Re: NT Service won't start

Posted by Robert Berger <bo...@bberger.net>.
I've tried everything and still have the same problem Tomcat starts using
startup.bat, but won't start as a service. Is there anything I can do
to find out what is wrong? I will soon have to give up on using Tomcat
for this project and switch to ASP (Gasp...)

Re: NT Service won't start

Posted by Robert Berger <rw...@vtiscan.com>.
I think I've found it- jk_nt_service does not like spaces in directory
names in the java_home and tomcat_home

RE: NT Service won't start

Posted by Govind Agarwal <ga...@cisco.com>.
This happens when there is some error in the wrapper.properties file or
server.xml file.

Try to run the following command which is in wrapper.properties and check if
the service starts up.

#
# This is the command line that is used to start Tomcat. You can *add* extra
# parameters to it but you can not remove anything.
#
wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin) -classpath $(wrapper.class_path)
$(wrapper.startup_class) -config $(wrapper.server_xml) -home
$(wrapper.tomcat_home)

or try to run the tomcat.bat file which is in Tomcat\bin folder.

Look for any error message that comes on the console.

Hope this will help.