Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/18 10:46:44 UTC

[All] Using "SemVer"?

Hello.

In another thread, the question was asked whether "Commons"
follows "SemVer".[1]
It seems to me that we (informally) abide by the intended goal.
Why not state it explicitly (and make it a formal requirement for
a release)?

Regards,
Gilles

[1] https://semver.org/

Re: [All] Using "SemVer"?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
+1 ensures interoperability for our users for minimal pain on our side.

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [All] Using "SemVer"?

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Re: [All] Using "SemVer"?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I have been using semver for Commons components I am involved. I think we
are pretty good in general about it... YMMV ;-)

Gary

Re: [All] Using "SemVer"?

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

<http://like-like.xenei.com>