Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Forsyth <pf...@ez.no> on 2009/10/19 12:23:11 UTC

Terms truncation

Hi,

I'm using the terms component for an autosuggest feature and it works
well but i've hit an issue with truncation:

Take the following query:

http://localhost:8983/solr/terms?terms.fl=meta_name_t&terms.prefix=switch

This is the response:

<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">1</int>
</lst>

<lst name="terms">

<lst name="meta_name_t">
<int name="switchov">35</int>
<int name="switch">7</int>
</lst>
</lst>
</response>

In this case the word 'switchov' is returned where i expected
'switchover'. The word 'switchov' doesn't exist by itself

I'm puzzled with the truncation. The handles are all standard for 1.4.

Are other factors affecting the response? I couldn't see an
appropriate option for the query to adjust the length of the returned
string...

Thanks in advance,

Paul Forsyth

Re: Terms truncation

Posted by Paul Forsyth <pf...@ez.no>.
Thanks Grant,

I'm still a bit of a newbie with Solr :)

I was able to add a new non-stemming field along with a copyfield, and
that seems to have done the trick :)

Until i tried this i didnt quite realise what copyfields did...

Thanks again,

Paul

Re: Terms truncation

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Oct 19, 2009, at 6:23 AM, Paul Forsyth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the terms component for an autosuggest feature and it
> works well but i've hit an issue with truncation:
>
> Take the following query:
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/terms?terms.fl=meta_name_t&terms.prefix=switch
>
> This is the response:
>
> <response>
>
> <lst name="responseHeader">
> <int name="status">0</int>
> <int name="QTime">1</int>
> </lst>
>
> <lst name="terms">
>
> <lst name="meta_name_t">
> <int name="switchov">35</int>
> <int name="switch">7</int>
> </lst>
> </lst>
> </response>
>
> In this case the word 'switchov' is returned where i expected
> 'switchover'. The word 'switchov' doesn't exist by itself

I'm guessing you are asking for terms on a field that is stemmed.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search