Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by pradeepbill <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/17 14:40:36 UTC

StoreInKiteDataset cant validate URI

hi there, I am using StoreInKiteDataset , and when I give the  dataset URI as
"dataset:hdfs:/user/xxx/dataset" path, it says "is invalid because dataset
URI is invalid:unknown dataset URI", not sure why its saying invalid.

I used Kite command

>./kite-dataset create dataset:hdfs:/user/xxx/dataset --schema
hdfs:/user/xxx/schemas/yy.avsc  --format parquet

PLease help

Thanks
Pradeep

Re: StoreInKiteDataset cant validate URI

Posted by pradeepbill <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ricky for the response, I can confirm there are no whitespace/special
characters issues  , but here is what happened, it was working before a
linux security/other patch updates that happened over the weekend.And after
the update this piece is complaining about the URI, not sure if they are all
linked, but no errors of any kind in the logs.Please advice.

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.
That usually means that the dataset URI is malformed in some way. Can you
confirm that there's no white spaces, or special characters that might be
messing up the path? I've not had this issue writing to HDFS paths.

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com