Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16...@lums.edu.pk> on 2017/10/19 19:08:43 UTC

Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's

Hello,

Finally, I have created a template from centos 6.8 ISO with jdk 1.8 installed and a web application hosted. I can now create VM's from this templates and they work fine except one problem. The web applications in guest VMs created from template are only accessible from the host running the VMs. If I access them (web applications) from some other system on the same LAN they are not accessible until I turn off the iptables service on host machine. Is there an ip table rule that I can add to work around this problem not only for the existing VMs but for the VMs I will be creating on this host in the future?

Regards

Adeel

Re: Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's

Posted by Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16...@lums.edu.pk>.
Thanks guys, got it working after applying ingress rules and configuring firewall rules of the template

________________________________
Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Adeel,

    --
    Rafael Weingärtner

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Iptables of Host machine blocks http traffic to Guest VM's