Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mkurth <ku...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/27 14:14:33 UTC

as .netCF+stomp doesnt support ssl, other suggestions?

correct me if i'm wrong but from what i've read, a .net Compact Framework
Client can't connect using ssl.

did anybody have the same problem, and came up with a workaround that
enables secured communication? i've read about ikvm ( http://www.ikvm.net/
link to homepage ), recompiling java librabies for the .net framework, but i
did not find any information if this would solve the problem for the compact
framework.

thoughts, comments and advice is welcome.

regards,

manuel

Re: as .netCF+stomp doesnt support ssl, other suggestions?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 05:14 -0700, mkurth wrote:
> correct me if i'm wrong but from what i've read, a .net Compact Framework
> Client can't connect using ssl.
>
> did anybody have the same problem, and came up with a workaround that
> enables secured communication? i've read about ikvm ( http://www.ikvm.net/
> link to homepage ), recompiling java librabies for the .net framework, but i
> did not find any information if this would solve the problem for the compact
> framework.
>
> thoughts, comments and advice is welcome.

You are correct that the .NETCF client doesn't do SSL.  I've heard that
it might be possible to add support using the BouncyCastle libs but am
not sure, you can look into
http://www.bouncycastle.org/csharp/index.html and if you figure out how
to implement the solution on .NETCF you are welcome to contribute to the
project.

> regards,
>
> manuel

Tim Bish