Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com> on 2015/10/01 19:08:53 UTC

New Slack setup for Devs and Users

Hey Guys,

We've been using Slack a lot internally and have found it very useful. I
setup a new slack for Drill developers and users. I've set it to
automatically accept new users from @apache.org as well as @mapr.com, @
maprtech.com and @dremio.com. I'm more than happy to whitelist other
domains (but slack won't let me enable general domains such as gmail and
yahoo).

If you aren't on one the whitelisted domains, just send me an email and
I'll invite you (or add your domain as appropriate).

Remember, these channels should be used for help as opposed to making
design decisions. My goal is also to post a digest once a week from the
channels back on to the list so that the information is publicly available.

I set up two initial channels: #user and #dev.

Let's see if this makes things easier for everybody.

To Join, go to: https://drillers.slack.com/signup

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Re: New Slack setup for Devs and Users

Posted by Chris Mathews <ma...@uk2.net>.
Hi Jacques

Please add my personal mail address to join the slack #dev and #users channels community

Cheers — Chris

--
Chris Mathews

    Email: mathews@uk2.net <ma...@uk2.net>

Re: New Slack setup for Devs and Users

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com>.

--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies

Re: New Slack setup for Devs and Users

Posted by Stefán Baxter <st...@activitystream.com>.
if the invitation stands then I would like to get access to Slack.

Regards,
  -Stefan@activitystream.com